In my last post, I introduced you to the academic resume, and why you might want to consider working on yours today. I discussed some of the basics information to include on your resume, but what should the finished product look like?
Using a template makes the format and style process of creating an academic resume easy as pie. Finding academic resume templates may be even easier than you ever imagined. You can find them pre-loaded on widely used computer programs. Creating your own academic resume is as simple as filling in your information.
Don’t just take my word for it! Here is expert advice on how to find academic resume templates courtesy of YourResumeTemplates.com:
Where To Find the Perfect Academic Resume Template On Your Computer
Did you know that there are hundreds of resume templates available on your computer? Using a resume template can be helpful when you need to create a resume for specific academic needs. When utilizing these resume templates, you can refine you search to view only student or academic type resumes. These templates will emphasize your education, internships, and extracurricular activities.
These resume templates can be found in software programs located on your computer. Microsoft Word and Google Documents have several samples to select from. Review the instructions below to learn how to locate these templates in Microsoft Word and Google Documents.
Microsoft Word 2010
- Open Microsoft Word and click the File Tab.
- Click New.
- Notice the search box in the middle of your screen.
- Type academic resume.
- Press Enter.
- Review the available academic resumes.
- Single click any of the resumes to get a preview in the right preview pane.
- Download the resume by double clicking the resume or clicking the download icon.
- Go to docs.google.com
- Click the red Create button and select From Template.
- Review the template window that opens.
- Type school resume or student resume in the upper search box.
- Press Enter.
- Review the resumes that appear.
- Use the preview link to see a larger preview of the resume.
- Select the resume by clicking the Use This Template link.
Using templates will give you the jumpstart when you need to create your academic resume. Use them as a guide and add you own details to personalize the resume to fit your upcoming scholastic needs.
About the Author
Zenée Miller is the owner of TrainingOnTheGo.com. She does onsite Microsoft Office training and enjoys showing her students different tools to maximize their productivity in Microsoft Office products. Her most recent endeavor, YourResumeTemplates.com, showcases resume templates that are available for your upcoming resume needs!